Reporting Line: The Teacher reports to the Supervisor (Principal/ Headteacher)/ Management.
The objectives are to secure:
- Consistently high standards of learning and teaching
- Continual progress in educational achievement
- Positive attitudes to learning and school
- Ability to teach academic subjects across a range of classes varying inability and class size. This includes lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Ability to teach students from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Ability to assess effectiveness of teaching skills against student progress and performance;
- Will be required to work with key stakeholders
- Will be required to work with key stakeholders across other functional areas of BMD such as marketing, finance, student services; may also be required to liaise with student’s parents, sponsors and other external stakeholders;
- Staff taking additional roles will have their teaching adjusted accordingly, as agreed with their line manager.
- Develop purposeful and appropriate schemes of work and lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and meet the individual needs of students;
- Prepare, select and use appropriate teaching-learning materials for international students (including the use of textbooks, in-house materials and self-created materials);
- Assess students and provide both formative and summative evaluations. Design programme tests and assessment tasks as required;
- Provide oral and written feedback to students and other stakeholders (e.g. Principal, Management);
- Develop reasonable rules of classroom behaviour and ensure they are consistently applied;
- Provide academic support for slow learners, as appropriate, through consultations and tutorials (e.g. guidance on study skills and academic expectations, advice on where to seek additional academic support and information);
- Carry out administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with teaching and assessment (e.g. student progress reports, test invigilation, marks sheets, attendance and activity records,);
- Contribute to the course and module development;
- Provide teaching cover in the absence of other colleagues;
- Participate in the social programme where this is an integral part of the teaching-learning programme (e.g. accompanying trips and attending events);
- Participate in and contribute to briefing sessions, student and teacher induction and orientation and programme functions;
- Act as a positive ambassador for BMS;
- Liaise with the Academic Support Manager (Principal/Head teacher) to provide all required information in a timely manner;
- Provide support to all students;
- Participate in staff development and professional training as required;
- Attend Staff meetings as required.
- Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request;
- We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact your job duties or methods of working.