Five years ago, Harvard Business School, one of the best Business tertiary institutions in the world introduced the online section, “Harvard Business School Online” which was scheduled to run three programs namely, the “CORe” consisting of three courses—Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting —and a final exam. Also added are the Health Care Economics Program and Strategy Execution.
CORe Program, a new initiative off the Harvard Business School Online
CORe consists of three courses—Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting —and a final exam. Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by seasoned leaders across a variety of industries, develop business intuition through interactive learning exercises, and join a global community of peers. As in the business world, you’ll be evaluated on the quality and timeliness of your work and your contributions to the learning community.
Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by seasoned leaders across a variety of industries, develop business intuition through interactive learning exercises, and join a global community of peers. As in the business world, you’ll be evaluated on the quality and timeliness of your work and your contributions to the learning community. Add value to your organization and take your career to the next level with a deeper understanding of essential business concepts.
The course will be delivered via HBS Online’s course platform and immerse learners in real-world examples from experts at industry-leading organizations. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the drivers of spending and spending growth in health care and evaluate how your organization’s strategy and decision-making processes impact total spending and value.
- Describe approaches to getting the incentives right for both providers and patients and evaluate the impacts of changes to these incentives.
- Understand risk and pooling as they relate to insurance markets and health benefit design
Define the role of employers, insurers, and government in influencing the economics of health care markets, such as spending, access to care, and stability of insurance markets.
- Explain how technology and patients’ and providers’ decisions contribute to high spending and spending growth, and how they impact their own organizations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the health care landscape, including the key drivers of rising health care spending.
Strategy Execution will equip you with the tools, skills, and frameworks to allocate resources, measure performance, manage risk, and execute strategy. You’ll explore common challenges that prevent or derail implementation and learn how to design systems and structures that meet your organization’s strategic objectives.
- Gain insights into strategic decisions around new business initiatives, health benefit plans, reimbursement contract negotiations, and care delivery models.
- Understand the financial impacts of new technologies and services and how to create value-based care for patients.
- Apply frameworks, tools, and goal-setting and tracking exercises to your own strategic initiatives
- Evaluate and elevate your team’s management of the core tensions of strategy execution, including how to balance growth, profit, and control
- Design measurement systems for every dimension of business performance
- Identify and manage risks that could derail strategy execution
- Empower employees through proprietary frameworks like the Job Design Optimization Tool, which helps design high-performance jobs that enhance a team’s ability to execute critical responsibilities
- Foster successful strategy execution by establishing an environment that communicates which opportunities and behaviours are encouraged and which are out of bounds