The Malaysian Government is offering Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) to pursue postgraduate and PhD degree programs in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
International students can apply for this Malaysia International Scholarship Program. The aim of this education is to support the Malaysian government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
The Malaysian International Studies Award (MIS) is an initiative of the Malaysian government to attract the best brains around the world to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia.
Eligibility criteria for applying for the Malaysia International Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For the Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at the Bachelor Degree level.
- For PhD Program, applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or a very good result at the Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively.
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply through the online application. After that, please submit your e-mail with a screen-shot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting Documents: You must submit a written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- English Language Requirements: Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5 or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
This program will cover all study expenses in the following manner:
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.