I would be playing candy crash with my purported “GH 40,000.00” by now – Dada KD.

BY: ONESIPHORUS OBUOBI

Highlife musician, Dada Kweku Duah popularly known as Dada KD has revealed that he didn’t charge any money for the Covid – 19 app tracker virtual concert.

Speaking in an interview on the Entertainment Zone show on ATL FM, he explained that there have been some speculations that he and other musicians like Fancy Ghadam took a whooping GH 40,000.00 as fees for performing, but there is no iota of truth in it.

It is against this background that he denied receiving such a purported amount. He therefore said that he was given transportation home since when he was contacted by ace film director, Socrates Sarfo, he told him it was not a commercial program and since he belonged to the same creative art group with him, he found it expedient and also as an NPP member, to support the government in whatever he could to fight the virus.

“I was contacted by Socrates Sarfo of the National Commission on Culture board on Saturday evening, 11th April 2020. As a result, I asked him how much I was going to take after I made more enquiries from him. It was at this stage that he explained that he needed my service for 10 minutes and as an NPP member and a member of the Creatives Arts Council, I would opt for it, but I was insistent on the monetary bit, but he explained that it is a program that has very little commercial gains so he is not going to give me any huge or commercial amount for the program. He gave me transport out of his own volition since he said that he knew there was no commercial gains in it” he spoke in Twi.

He further added that he agreed that he would be given transport since he was not initially billed for the program especially when Deputy Communications Minister, Pious Hadzide had requested for other additional artistes but he was shocked people are speculating that he took GH 40,000.00 which he felt would be an outrageous amount for transportation.

“Since we were not billed for this program and even those who were originally billed for the program (Shatta Wale and Kuami Eugene) are not even charging, then I can’t take money. He said that the duo on the bill are not taking anything, so we should come and support but we will be taking TNT. It took me 10 minutes to drive from my apartment at Dansoman to Asylum Down. If I were given GH 40,000.00 cedis, I wouldn’t even pick your call. I would be playing candy crash with that money. Initially, I felt bad if indeed that happened, I would have matched straight to Socrates Sarfo and demand for the remainder of the money since 40,000.00 is a huge money for transportation and that money was not up to that amount”.

The app is meant to augment the government’s effort in the fight against the global pandemic, and Dr Bawumia says that the gathering and availability of data has played a significant role in Ghana’s battle against COVID-19 so far.

Facebook Comments

You May Also Like

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap