The Communications Director for the National Democratic Congress, (NDC) has hinted the party’s 2020 manifesto will be outdoored in August.
Sammy Gyamfi hinted that the NDC 2020 manifesto would be due in August. Meanwhile, speaking at a press briefing he intimated that it would contain better programs than what the NPP is giving Ghanaians.
“It is worth noting, that we (NDC) shall be outdooring our manifesto for the 2020 general elections in August”.
Furthermore, he added that the party’s flagbearer would announce the key issues in the manifesto. According to him, this would be done before the flagbearer does the announcements of the policies.
“But even before that the flagbearer and leader of the NDC will in the coming days announce some big-ticket policies which are central to his transformational vision for this country,” he said.
Meanwhile, touching om jobs, Sammy Gyamfi revealed that one key feature of the manifesto is job creation. Additionally, the manifesto seeks to drive towards offering the youths more permanent and dignifying jobs.
“This will include a major and comprehensive job creation policy he intends to undertake, to create millions of permanent and dignifying jobs for the teeming unemployed youth when he assumes the reins of power in 2021,”
Sammy Gyamfi outlines policies in the NDC 2020 Manifesto as full document is set to be released in August 2020.
Amongst them are;
- Pay all customers of the collapsed financial institutions whose monies are locked-up in full and restore indigenous Ghanaian participation in the financial sector.
- Reduce the size of government by at least forty (40) ministers to reduce government expenditure and channel those resources into the productive sectors of the economy for the benefit of Ghanaians.
- Provide free Technical and Vocational Education (TVET) from the second cycle to Tertiary level to build the human resource base of the nation for industrial development, entrepreneurship and job creation.
- Institute a National Apprenticeship Program in line with his vision of rapid industrialization and job creation for the country.
- Scrap the 50% increment in the Communication Service Tax to reduce the cost of telephoning and data. This will reduce the cost of living and the cost of doing business in the country.
- Construct a regional hospital for each of the six (6) newly-created regions and the Western Region to improve access to quality and efficient health care delivery.
- Provide districts without hospitals with fully-equipped modern health facilities.
- Take healthcare to the doorsteps of the people by building a first of its kind “OnipaNua” Hospital Ship and deploy it to provide medical services to the inaccessible riverine and fishing communities on the inland Volta waterways. Additionally, the next Mahama government will rehabilitate the “Onuador” mobile vans that have been abandoned by the Akufo-Addo government and procure more, to provide medical outreach services in underserved and hard to reach areas in all the 16 regions of the country.
- Construct two (2) new international-standard Infectious Diseases Centers and two (2) additional international research centres.
- Abolish the dreaded double-track system of secondary education through an emergency and massive infrastructure drive. This will ensure a conducive environment and one-track qualitative learning experience for SHS students.
- Establish University Campuses in each of the six (6) newly-created regions.
- Abolish the mandatory national service and obnoxious licensure exams for teacher trainees and restore the automatic employment of teacher trainee graduates. Let me state unequivocally, that no teacher trainee graduate, will be denied posting or employment under the next Mahama government. Additionally, the promotion and welfare of teachers will be prioritized by the next Mahama government.
- Restore the automatic employment of Nursing Trainee graduates. Again let me state unequivocally, that no nursing trainee graduate will be denied posting or employment under the next Mahama government.
BY: ONESIPHORUS OBUOBI